Any Roku streaming device that you use may end up receiving an error message stating that the device is overheated. It’s the common issue that arises if you are a Roku stick user. Resolve the Roku Stick Overheating error and we have a lot of tips and tricks to help you there
Once if your device gets heated up to a level more than the device can withstand, it’s really tough to operate and your streaming will be interrupted
Just ensure you get rid of the issue first to enjoy seamless streaming at all hours
Do You See a Warning Message?
Once if you receive a warning or error message, it’s an indication to start troubleshooting. For a few Roku gadgets, a red light will appear and it’s easy to identify that your device is overheated.
Tips & Tricks to Avoid Roku Stick Overheating
Let us help you with a few instructions that can help you get rid of the Roku stick overheating error. Below are the common steps chosen by our Roku experts.
Power off your Roku Stick
Power off your device; remove the cables, disconnect the device from network and reconnect the cables back after a while. Do not allow your device to run for a long time as this can be a reason for the error to appear often
Device Restart or Reset
- As restarting your device will help get rid of most errors, recommend you perform a soft, hard or factory reset option
- Repeat the restart multiple times and this step can always help you to some extent
- Factory reset will help you to reset all the connections and settings on your device
Exposure to Daylight
- It’s good if you avoid exposing your device to daylight. Hence suggest you place the device where no direct sunlight hits your device
- Also, perform a periodic temperature check for your device and shift your device to a perfect space where the temperature is compatible
Check the Device Software
If you have software that does not match with your device’s operating system, try uninstalling the software and install the updated version
- Search for other invalid software’s on your device and try removing it
- Select the option, Settings > System > System update and proceed with the settings for device software update
Use Another Device
The error can also occur due to a faulty device that you use. Hence replace the device with a new one and check if you can avoid Roku stick overheating error
Check the Device Connection
Sliding the device firmly to your Roku TV or other external device becomes another important parameter to check to avoid these errors
Use an HDMI extender
- Sometimes the error can occur if you connect the device directly to the TV, hence use an HDMI connector to connect your device. It’s important to find a compatible one to use with the device
- Check out the reviews to find out matching products and accessories to connect your Roku stick
- Also, ensure that the hardware connection is always secure and active
Scan your Device
- Scanning your device with compatible software is always good to ensure that there is no malware that can affect your system.
- Start your search to find the compatible scan software to use with your Roku streaming gadget
- Fix your Roku stick properly and check if the power supply for your device is accurate
Disconnect your Device from the Internet
- Internet connectivity issues can sometimes affect your Roku stick and hence it’s good if you disconnect all the network connections first
- Connect the streaming device back to the network after a while
- It’s good to use an alternate network connection such as Wired or Ethernet that can help to fix the issue
Replace the Power Cables
The faulty power cables and adapters that you use can be one reason wherein, the only option is to replace the cable with a new one
If you would like to get more guidelines to be rid of Roku stick overheating error, you can dial our customer support number on +1-844-474-3010 and we have a team to help you troubleshoot the Roku stick overheating error message.